Monday, September 1, 2008

Rats!

More antics in my household, things are interesting. Haven't been updating much due to a few bizarre occurrences:
- More viruses, which has been a problem since we've moved and I don't understand why.
- All of the toilets in the house backed up into the bathtubs. It was taken care of by our landlord within a day.
- We have a small furry resident that we didn't know about, and other members of the household are completely freaked out by him. Unfortunately, this is just part of living in Florida. I keep reminding them that it's a rat, not the Terminator, and he isn't going to kill them in their sleep or leap from the shadows to shank them in the back. We got a rat zapper to kill the little buggers - I say buggers, because where there's one, there's always more. Mom is incredibly enthusiastic about the
(alright, say this in the awesome echoey TV superhero voice):

"RAT... ZAPPER... ULTRA!!!"
Rat Zapper Ultra

...that we ordered, and anxiously awaits its shipment. She checked them all out and it was the best one. I just think it looks really cool. Of course, it would look cooler with a dead rat in it, so it stops peeing all over the place.

For the "omg that's horrible" people, this isn't a cuddly pet rat. I'd like to state that I love pet rats, they're fuzzy and cute and very intelligent. I knew some people had two pet rats named Nourishing and Dangerous Bean, and they were awesome pets.

To clarify, this is a cuddly baby pet rat.

And this is a roof rat, found in Florida - more specifically, in my bathroom.

This thing, after having seen it personally, is not fuzzy and cute. It eats garbage. It gnawed through a bag of nasty, noxious garbage that smelled like Bigfoot's underwear and consumed part of the contents. It also pees all over my bathroom.

No comments: