Thursday, November 15, 2007

Concepts

My apologies, empty space, for the silence.

I've been working on a concept painting for MechaLord, which has been taking up my spare time. That, and trying to publicize deathbycute.com.

In any case, the Mechalord image should make a nice science fiction wallpaper, if Josh is kind enough to let me post it here. I've struggled with it a bit - metal, fire, and rain are a volatile combination to try to paint, especially where the rain hits the fire.

I've been surfing around Yahoo! Answers, as well... and working on my alternate blog, Ghosts on my Heels, which is an online dream-journal. I will be leaving Venice and staying with a friend in Palm Bay in order to work on a series of canvas paintings related to this project. I don't feel that the digital medium is appropriate for such a personal subject.

Ever since I graduated from college, I've been hemorrhaging art. I suppose part of it is the fear that I will stop producing art altogether. Seems like it was an unfounded fear, after all.

No comments: