Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not Dead Yet

Mike and I didn't finish the Holiday quiz, because unfortunately holidays happened. However, we're still working on it, and plan on posting it in July. Christmas in July, har har. Actually, most of it is done, I just need to finish the illustrations which are unfortunately on a hard drive that I can't access at the moment.

I'm currently researching publishers for the comic I've been working on, hoping to print it - it's not the webcomic (which went nowhere, precisely because the one I am currently working on captured my interest so completely). It's a horror comic about a vampire hunter, and I've been aiming for a sort of Kill Bill-meets-Interview With the Vampire feel, while maybe channeling a bit of Highlander.

Problem is, weighing the options - proposals to established publishers, self-publishing, Publish on Demand, etc. - is tricky. There are a lot of review sites out there. Some of the reviews seem reputable, some of them... not so much.
I'm on draft #3, which is essentially a readable (but nearly final) rough draft, which I've been floating by people who, to me, represent different kinds of readers. What I have left to do is essentially a few edits (based on feedback from the readers and the other writer) before I polish the pencils and start inking and lettering.

No comments: